Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Alan Parsons to Release Sound Engineering Course on DVD

In the world of recording and production, few names are more highly-regarded than Alan Parsons. Best known for his work on Pink Floyd's legendary "Dark Side of the Moon" album, Parsons had a reputation for ground-breaking techniques and somehow producing pristine recordings without losing the warmth and humanity in the songs. Just the sort of guy aspiring home and pro recordists might want some advice from.

Cool to know, then, that Parsons is working on a 3-disc DVD set called The Art & Science of Sound aimed at teaching about the tools and techniques used in the modern recording studio. I don't see any mention of when this is to be released, but it will be one to keep an eye (or ear) out for most definitely.

Share/Save/Bookmark
Subscribe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

By coincidence I received an email on this today:

http://www.keyfax.com/mailers/Mailer1-3-09.html

Tom said...

Cool... I have to say I am really not a fan of Alan Parsons actual music, but his production skills are impeccable. I think I'll just wait for the DVD. ; )

tienda erotica 24 horas said...

Quite worthwhile data, thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

That is really a great thing. I am eager to purchase the DVD of the latest music as I would like to edit and mix various types of music.
Pro Tools Training