Wednesday, September 2, 2009
So after very seriously considering going the Hackintosh route, I've decided to play it safe. I've had enough computer problems over the last couple of months that I'm not really in the mood to spend any more time tinkering "under the hood" just to get things to work correctly. I'd kind of be screwed if it needed repairs (do you take it to a PC repair place or a Mac place?), and there's a pretty good possibility I would've been stuck on a single OS version, at least longer than I would on the real deal. I'm not one to jump on a new OS the moment it comes out, but for this blog, sometimes I need to stay current in order to review stuff (like I had to recently for DCAM Synth Squad). Maybe I'll give it a try further down the road. But for now, I'm looking forward to having a reliable computer that's not going to give me an ulcer.