Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oberheim OB-12 on Ebay


This virtual analog was the subject of a lot of controversy when it first came out, namely because it didn't involve Tom Oberheim in any way, nor did it really fit in with the rest of the Oberheim family sound wise. But in recent years I've seen people speak out about how underrated it is once you get over the fact it isn't a "real" Oberheim synth. I've never played one. Anyone out there have any experience with this one? Opinions?

Info at the listing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once you get over the fact that it's not a "true" Oberheim, you can appreciate this synth for what it is. Some have accused it of being thin but they obviously haven't spent much time playing with it. It's a good VA and you can get some squelchy bass, cutting pads, and biting leads out of it. The controls are nice - it just begs to be tweaked. If you can find one at a decent price it's worth adding to one's collection.

fractured said...

I always found the sound a little muffled. To my ears, it sounded like I had water in my ears, even with the filter wide open. That said, I thought the graphic depiction of the envelopes was amazing, and I wish other manufacturers picked up on it.

Propecia and pregnancy said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of useful info in this post!

Buy modafinil said...

I bottle answer with the aim of's a able belief as general practicioners lay down buy modalert along with buy provigil in place of lengthy dub application.