Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Audio Pluggers has released K-Meter, a Mac/AU-only tool utilizing the K-System to assist mastering engineers in achieving better results that will translate well on a wide variety of playback sources.
Here's what they say about the features:
"• Built from the ground up around the K-System.
• Upsampled peak detection that discovers inter-sample peaks missed by other meters (upsamples up to 4x the input rate).
• Perceived loudness meter supporting the LKFS measurement (ITU-R BS.1770-1). This models the ear's sensitivity to different frequencies.
• Band-limited RMS meter for monitor calibration and compatibility with other meters.
• Pink noise generator for monitor calibration.
• Resettable clip indicators with sensitivity dial.
• Collapsible interface that occupies less screen space.
• All-in-one 32-bit and 64-bit universal binary supporting Intel and PPC Macs.
• SIMD optimization including AltiVec and SSE support.
• User manual including background on the K-System."
K-Meter will reatail for $50, but for a limited time, you can pick it up for only $25 from the Audio Pluggers site.