Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Cars to Reunite?


Saw this over at slicingupeyeballs the other day and meant to post it. Apparently this photo was posted recently on the band's Facebook page. It appears to show the surviving original members (yes, including Ric Ocasek this time) playing together in a studio. So far no word on what it means. Are they working on a new album? Rehearsing for a reunion tour? Both? Either way, it'd be nice to have them back, especially since their final album was really the only one of theirs I didn't like. I know they weren't a strictly electronic band, but few bands mixed synths with infectious guitar pop/rock as well as they did.

2 comments:

Greg said...

Totally agree with your statement that few bands mixed synths with infectious guitar pop/rock as well as they did. I was in *ahem* high school *cough* when The Cars and subsequent "Candy-O" came out and I still play these albums back to back on occasion.

fractured said...

I'll be there if they tour. I love some Cars!