Thursday, March 11, 2010

And I Thought My Story Was Bad...

Earlier this week, I posted about how Warner Music Group had claimed I infringed their copyright when I posted a video with one of my own songs on it - a song they never had the copyright to, although they did formerly act as a distributor for the label I am signed to in the U.S.

Then I saw this on reddit.com.  Someone posted Martin Luther King's historical "I Have a Dream" speech and accompanied it with some creative typography.  WMG removed the audio track claiming they owned the copyright.  Words totally fail me.

4 comments:

Fonz said...

copyrighting the words someone spoke is just plain alien behaviour.

Anonymous said...

All your words are belong to us.

I R REZOLUT said...

Are you a bad enough dude to save your words?

kent said...

I don't think Warner has a copyright on this, but the King Estate certainly does, and are pretty touchy about how it is used.