Monday, July 22, 2013

A Workaround for 32-bit Plug-ins in Logic X

Thanks to Anthony for bringing this one to my attention.  As you probably know by now, one of the drawbacks of Logic X, is that it will no longer run 32-bit plug-ins.  If you're like me and have a ton of 32-bit plug-ins you rely on that don't have 64-bit versions, that's a bit of a deal breaker.  MacProAudio has posted a tutorial on how to run 32-bit plug-ins in Logic X using AULab.  It's not the most elegant solution, but at least it's an option.  In the meantime, Apple doesn't get my money until they either provide a bridge, or a third party developer comes up with a no-fuss solution.

2 comments:

gesslr said...

Vienna Ensemble Pro will run your 32 bit plugins no problem in any 64 bit host and on the same (or slave) machines. Easy to implement also and lots of other advantages. Try the free trial.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom. As I also like Sylenth1 in my projects here is some good news. On the developer page of Sylenth1 Lennard stated that he is working on a 64bit AU version that will be hopefully done by end of this year. So I keep my fingers crossed that it will become reality. In this case Logic X will be worth testing for me. Greetings from Germany.