Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Great Time-Saving Tool for Touring Musicians

The Internet has opened up all sorts of promotional opportunities for musicians that cost little to nothing when it comes to money.  However, the flip side of this is the cost of time in maintaining multiple social media profiles.  Songkick Tourbox is a free service that has come forward to making part of that a little less time-consuming.  That part is keeping your latest tour dates current and posted on you band's website, your Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, Bandcamp, Wordpress blog, Foursquare, Spotify, and more.  Even doing straight up copying and pasting of the dates from site to site can get incredibly tedious.

Before proceeding, I want to make it clear, I have no connection to Songkick at all.  Prior to this evening, I actually had no idea it even existed.  I was updating the live dates on Bandcamp for a band on my label called Espermachine and found the link in the settings there.  So this isn't intended to be a commercial, just a heads up for a tool I think a lot of fellow musicians might find interesting.

Essentially, what Songkick Tourbox allows you to do is post your live dates in one place, and then have that info posted to whatever social media profiles you maintain (and many you don't).  This saves a ton of time and provides good-looking results that will even allow your fans to look for tickets for your upcoming shows.  There's a lot more to it then I've described here, but I'll let you check that out on your own.





No comments: