Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Oxygene" Instruments Explained

Via parisvisite on YouTube - Pointed out to me by reader LineOfControl:



As sick as I get of the 5 million ill-advised 'covers' of Jean Michel Jarre's "Oxygene" on YouTube, it really was a seminal album in electronic music. Reader LineOfControl sent me this clip that I had never seen before where the man himself gives a tour of some of the vintage goodness he used on that track. I can't believe he performs live with that stuff... can you imagine what his insurance rates must be like?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I´m back, Tom.

Jarre is really fantastic!

PS: I had an awake-dream last monday listening to 'Meta' on my room, that A23 would release a double album that alternate with traditional A23 and with some conceptual tracks. In the whole, a solid and condense album WEIRD, Tom. . .

Propecia and Rogaine said...

Pretty effective material, much thanks for your article.