Wednesday, June 2, 2010

First Waveformless Video Tutorial: Using Logic's Mute Tool for More Interesting Synth Lines



Alright, before we even get into this, keep in mind it's my first attempt at something like this. So far, I haven't found a screen casting program that really feels like a fit. ScreenFlow is great but doesn't work with my MOTU 828 mkII for some reason, so I used Snapz Pro, which is alright, but won't let me import the files into Final Cut so I can use the snazzy intro slate I created or otherwise make it visually more interesting. This'll be an ongoing experiment, I suppose.

Anyway, dull visuals aside, I hope you find this tutorial useful and that it sparks a new idea or two... (Oh and select the 720p option for best sound and video...)

11 comments:

Darkmaer said...

Great job. Hope to see more tutorials.

Very straight forward and easy to understand. Your a natural.

Fabian A. said...

cool Tom.

This is sweet!

keep it up..

Anonymous said...

Yes!

More of that sort of thing please.

tj milian said...

Nice tutorial. Demix by Note Pitch is good for this, too. Looking forward to your upcoming video tutorials. Good work!

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Tutorial.

ol said...

Good start! Even though the mute tool has nothing special in itself, it is the usage you are making of it that is interesting. Thanks for sharing this technique.

Anonymous said...

Nice tutorial... I thought the picture was great in 720p.

Anonymous said...

that is a great idea. thanks, looking forward to more tutorials.

LurchLarson said...

Can you convert the file in MPEGStreamClip?

krell said...

Excellent, informative tutorial Tom. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

very cool. I don't use logic, but I got sparked.

~w~