Friday, October 24, 2008

Reset Codes for Old Digital Equipment

I'm in the process of transferring some old sequences from my Ensoniq SQ-80 (yes, I know the picture is from an ESQ-1, smart-ass) into Logic. As often happens with equipment that is getting on in years, my SQ-80 started behaving erratically and then stopped making sound. Although problems like this can be a little scary, most of them can be solved by resetting the machine. Most equipment from this era has a code or combination of key presses you can hold on start-up that will reset the machine and (hopefully) solve your problem. I couldn't remember what the SQ-80 reset procedure was, so I went looking for it online and came across this site which contains the reset procedures for a bunch of old digital equipment. I hope you find it helpful!

No comments: