Friday, February 24, 2012

Free Sample Friday: What The?

Another guest entry today from Adam who has sampled the famous "What The?" preset from the Roland Alpha Juno. This is the patch that would come to be known as the "hoover"and was on every rave record in existence for awhile. It was programmed by Eric Persing, who would later go on to start Spectrasonics.

Adam's samples actually come from a Roland HS-10 which was a consumer version of the Alpha Juno with built-in speakers. (CORRECTION: Although other synths in the HS series had built-in speakers, the HS-10 did not.) Sonically, it's identical to the Alpha Juno.

9 comments:

Ttam Troll said...

My HS-10 is sans speakers. Much cooler! ;)

Tom said...

Oops... yeah, Adam just corrected me on that....

Ttam Troll said...

Yeah, my HS-60 has them. We had it rewired to bypass the speakers and amp which, of course, are quite annoying in a studio full of gear.

Adam Dubbleu said...

I read somewhere that you can throw a headphone adapter to bypass the built in amps.

Tom said...

Psyche - I vaguely recall hearing the same thing.

Ttam Troll said...

Psyche - That does work but I chose to rewire it. It made me feel like I had a more "pro" piece of gear. ;)

Adam Dubbleu said...

No proper electronic studio is complete without some hacked gear I say! :-)

Unknown said...

is this pack still available? the link isn't working.

Gil Fuser said...

is this pack still available? the link isn't working. +1