Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Free Music from Orbital


In case you hadn't heard, Orbital are off their hiatus and hard at work on new material with European live dates coming in April. In the meantime, the above is a new track they're giving away for free. Wait until it kicks in about halfway through... amazing!

Orbital is one of my best concert memories ever. My band was playing the Arvika festival in Sweden and shared a van ride with them from the airport. Very nice, down to earth guys. The show itself was one of those wonderful bits of synchronicity between music and environment. Arvika is far enough north that in the summer, the sun only goes down for about 2 hours. They started their set in the dark, and as their set ended, the sun came up again. I'll never forget that show as long as I live.

3 comments:

line of control said...

Now THAT is just gorgeous!

Mart and Vince need to take some pointers here...

Ronnie said...

Lovely! Orbital's Snivilisation is still one of my all time favorite albums.

line of control said...

Insides for me.
Of of the best electronic albums ever.