Friday, May 31, 2013

Free Sample Friday: Mangled Detergent Drums

Two weeks ago, I posted some samples of various laundry detergent bottles being struck with a drum stick.  I invited readers to use these as starting points and mangle the samples however they saw fit, so we could share them here later.  Meant to get these up last Friday, but had some weirdness to deal with here, so here you go!

First, I'll give you my set.  I used the sounds as the basis for a sort of lofi/industrial drum kit (including a pretty good imitation of the famous Fairlight gated kick if I do say so myself).  13 stereo WAV files.  [2.2 MB]

GO GET TOM'S SAMPLES.

Next up, we have an extremely creative set courtesy of Hans from the project Oddliction.  You'll find everything from drones, to glitches, and all manner of bizarre sonic madness. 36 mono WAV files. [7 MB]

GO GET ODDLICTION'S SAMPLES.

Bobby from Life in Digital contributed this set which consists of some hits, glitches, and unusual rhythmic loops.  13 mono WAV files.  [9.3 MB]

GO GET LIFE IN DIGITAL'S SAMPLES

Finally, we have a single sample contributed by reader Jerry who converted the first Detergent Drum sample into a sort of weird, alien klaxon. [256 k]

GO GET JERRY'S SAMPLE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff! thanks