Thursday, January 15, 2009

News from NAMM

As you are no doubt aware, the NAMM show started today. New product info is leaking out little by little and so far there hasn't been too much that has blown me away. The stuff that's interesting (to me):

Spectrasonics announces new sounds for Omnisphere, a new bass instrument called Trillium, and an update to Stylus RMX which includes the new 'time designer' which allows loops to be used in different time signatures, to be locked to other grooves, and a new method of creating rules-based, musically useful variations on a loop.

Akai has announced the APC40, a performance controller specifically for Ableton Live that looks pretty cool.

Waldorf introduced a keyboard version of the Blofeld which adds 60MB of sample memory, and more excitingly, they also introduced the Largo, a software synth based on the same sound engine as the Q, micro-Q, and Blofeld hardware synths!

I'm sure there's more to come... Native Instruments isn't announcing until later this afternoon, but since they were only announcing 1 new product aimed at producers, and I assume that's the Maschine thing, I'm not hoping for much that's going to knock my socks off.

EDIT: How could I forget? Celemony is releasing Melodyne Editor, the first product based on their amazing looking DNA technology that allows users to alter notes within chords!

Share/Save/Bookmark
Subscribe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew Spectrasonics would do up Trilogy again after they touted the Atmosphere remake around. Styrus you are next!